Pregnancy Physiotherapy Sutton Coldfield
Resolve Physiotherapy are proud to offer antenatal and postnatal physiotherapy from our clinic in Streetly Village, Sutton Coldfield.
Our pregnancy physiotherapy services have been specifically designed to educate new mums and ‘mums to be’ about their ever changing body during their childbearing year and to give them the confidence and tools to safely exercise during this challenging time in their lives.
Safe antenatal/postnatal exercise with Resolve Physiotherapists
There are very few qualified professionals out there who are able to offer the right advice on exercise during this time. As a result women often do too much or too little. Statistics show that only around 15% of women exercise to recommended levels during their pregnancy and in their postnatal recovery. Many women will suffer with aches and pains associated with their pregnancy which may affect them in a number of ways. Lower back pain, pelvic pain and stress incontinence are just a few of the problems that women may suffer from during their childbearing years and the affects can last long after the arrival of their baby. Physiotherapists with specialised training in this area are in an ideal position to educate and advise women on safe exercising during this time. They can not only tell you why you might be suffering with aches and pains as a result of your pregnancy, but also give you the tools to manage your problems. There are many benefits of exercise during pregnancy including:
- Helping you to carry the weight you gain during pregnancy
- Preparing you for the physical stress of labour and birth
- Making getting back into shape after your baby is born easier.
Who might benefit from antenatal physiotherapy?
- Individuals suffering with pregnancy related aches and pains, such as back and pelvic pain and stress incontinence
- Individuals who are looking to keep active throughout their pregnancy
- Individuals wanting to experience a healthier pregnancy, smoother delivery and quicker postnatal recovery.
Who would benefit from postnatal physiotherapy?
- Individuals who have been suffering with aches and pains during pregnancy and after the birth of their baby
- Individuals interested in a faster recovery after the birth
- Individuals wanting to regain their flat tummy post birth
We provide treatment from our Sutton Coldfield clinic. Clients are provided with an information booklet relating to healthy prenatal and postnatal care and high quality exercise cards for reference and to help ensure that you can continue with your programme at home.
What does the booklet cover?
- The changes and adaptability of the body through pregnancy.
- Why things may be hurting and how to fix them
- Benefits of exercise during pregnancy/abdominal muscles and how to exercise them.
- Your pelvic floor and the effects of pregnancy and how to exercise these important muscles.
- The physical preparation for labour that you can do.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Exercise safely during your pregnancy – using gym balls and mat work
- Reduce stress incontinence by strengthening your pelvic floor muscles
- Improve your posture
- Reduce back and pelvic pain by strengthening your core
- Flatten your tummy after pregnancy